Great Quotes!

I have some great quotes I’ve encountered over the years and decided to start sharing them with you.  I will periodically add some great quotes to this page, so check back one day soon.  Some are serious; some are tongue-in-cheek.  Enjoy.

“Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.” — Vince Lombardi, legendary coach of the Green Bay Packers

“God cares; God rules; God provides.” – Alistair Begg, senior pastor of Parkway Church near Cleveland, Ohio

“Each day holds possibilities for great discoveries and hidden joy.” – Alexandra Stoddard

“Each day is God’s gift to you. Make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty.”

“Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.”

“I’m perfect. You adjust.” – Woody Paige, columnist for The Denver Post.

“In a world full of people, only some want to fly.” – Seal

“Writing is cooking with words.” – Mrs. Johnson

“Even a child makes himself known by his acts, by whether his conduct is pure and upright.” – Proverbs 20:11 (ESV)

“Wherever you are, be all there.” – Jim Elliot

“By endurance we conquer.” – Family motto of Sir Ernest Shackleton

“In essentials—unity, in non-essentials liberty, in all things—charity.”

“You can run if you want to; hiding won’t do you no good.” —Cajun Justice theme song lyric (The English is not correct, but the sentiment is hilarious.)

“Live long and prosper.” – Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015), known as Mr. Spock on Star Trek

“Show me your friends, and I’ll show you your future.”

“Thoughts untangle themselves over the lips and through the fingertips.” – Dr. Howard Hendricks

“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” – Seneca

“People are less likely to tear down a fence if they helped build it.” –Luis Cruz

“Faith is a refusal to panic.” – Martyn Lloyd-Jones

“Don’t point the finger; jerk the thumb.” – Tedy Bruschi, former New England Patriots Linebacker

“If you’ve booked a ticket for a guilt trip, it’s time to get a refund!” – Mrs. Johnson

“You can’t make sense out of nonsense.”

“There are two ways to do things: right and again.” – sign in Mrs. Sears’ classroom (Texas history teacher at Clark MS)

“You play stupid games. You win stupid prizes.” – Deputy Justin Eddins from Lone Star Law episode “Family Lies”

“Justice rides a slow horse, but it always overtakes.” – heard on Lone Star Law episode “Don’t Mess with Texas”

“If you  act like an idiot, then I will treat you like an idiot.” – Lone Star Law Officer Joann Garza-Mayberry on episode “Wet and Wild”

3 thoughts on “Great Quotes!

1. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller
    Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students.
    -Solomon Ortiz
    Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!
    -Dr. Seuss
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    -Albert Einstein
    Reading is the closest thing we have to being in Heaven, Embrace it, it’ll always be there, Reading won’t ever leave your side.
    -Me

2. I love your quotes ms. Johnson here is one back
    “Belonging shouldn’t mean you are like everyone else” – Misty Copeland.