Diagramming Test Retake/Advice Letter Using Chunking

I have placed a practice worksheet that prepares you for the retake opportunity in a folder on my bulletin board; I also sent it to your parents’ email address earlier this week.  Ask nicely if they will print it off for you.  The correction tutorial will be held on Wednesday, May 4, at 8:10 A.M.  I will check to make sure you’re on the right track.  The retest will be on Friday, May 6

On another note, the final copy of your advice letter is due Wednesday, May 4.  This is a major project grade (fifty percent category), so do some good writing using the chunking format.  See me on Tuesday morning or afternoon during tutorials if you have questions.  The final copy must be in black ink, with a one inch margin, and in twelve point font if typed.  If you chose to write it by hand, then you will need to use black or blue ink and your best printing or cursive.  In both cases, indent the paragraph.  Remember this is one big paragraph of advice you’d offer an incoming sixth grader.  Use your best penmanship!

Enjoy your Monday at home from school for a student three day weekend.  I will be in the building at an inservice.

Love,

Mrs. J <><