It’s Yearbook Signing Time!

Here are a few tips to keep in mind when signing yearbooks.

1. You write a sentence or two maybe even a lyric of a favorite song or poem that captures the connection you have with the owner of the yearbook. You then sign your name legibly under your words. Don’t let your signature take up the entire page of someone else’s yearbook.  Even if you are world famous like Prince, Madonna, Cher, or Jay-Z, you still don’t hog the page with your signature.  That is definitely a mark in the uncool column.

2. You write something that is school, mom and dad, and Mrs. Johnson-appropriate.  Please don’t make me blush with questionable words or phrases that others employ just because it’s “cool.”

3. Let’s say you don’t trust the person who asks, “Hey, can I sign your yearbook?” Perhaps there’s been some bad blood between the two of you for a little bit of time.  You don’t have to let him or her sign it.  If my famous student the notorious Jimmy Badboy ever asked to sign my yearbook, the answer would be no thank you. The same goes for Jilly Badgirl if we’ve had our little disagreements that aren’t quite resolved.

4.  Asking teachers, counselors, and principals to sign is always a good idea.  You will look back on their words and remember them fondly. Sometimes,  you even receive the opportunity to keep in touch with them and let them know how well your life has progressed since you saw him or her on a daily basis.

The Fabulous Mrs. Johnson <><